Question

Is there a way to create a daily to do list from your cockpit

• 15 November 2018
  • 4 replies

The CTA's are great, but is there a way to create a daily checklist of tasks that would be due that day from the underlying playbooks in the CTA's. Just to give the CSM a guide of what needs to be done today. this would be especially helpful when you have CTA's with multiple due dates within them. Thoughts?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Denver, I don't think you can create a "task only" list in Cockpit today. Two thoughts for consideration: (1) Your CSMs could create a Custom View in Cockpit that has "due date = Today" to minimize extra clutter in Cockpit. Any CTA with a task that has a due date of today would appear. The list will still be the CTAs and they would just click on the Tasks to manage and close them out (as I'm sure you're aware) So the Custom View would be limited which could be helpful to them. (2) You could also create a report on the CSTask object and build out a pretty cool Dashboard for visibility to the tasks due today. In this scenario, the CSM would need to click through to the Cockpit to take action. I do think there have been requests from other Gainsight customers for our product team to consider a more 'task' focused launching point for CSMs so they may comment here as well. 🙂

Thanks Elaine. I'll give both of those a shot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Denver,

Did the suggestion given by Elaine worked for you? Please let us know if you need any help here.

Hello @elaine_cleary @sai_ram 

How can we find out tasks due today? Because they are missing with your suggestion → “Your CSMs could create a Custom View in Cockpit that has "due date = Today" to minimize extra clutter in Cockpit. Any CTA with a task that has a due date of today would appear. The list will still be the CTAs and they would just click on the Tasks to manage and close them out”

For the second suggestion, it is not actionable. We already implemented this one as well. Inside the report, it will be great if it can direct us to the task.

I heard a feature is coming soon with task filtering view. But we should definitely mind the flexible sorting and not losing the relationship between a task and CTA in this new feature.

All the best,