Question

Is it possible to set up a rule in CTA's that when a box is checked on a task, the status is automatically moved to "work in progress"?

• 23 October 2018
  • 6 replies

Is it possible to set up a rule in CTA's that when a box is checked on a task, the status is automatically moved to "work in progress"?

6 replies

I really like this idea.

I know from reviewing reports that people rarely update this field from New to Work-in-progress. There's ways to get around this to by looking at the %complete field (not sure if that's built in or I created a formula field) but that's how I know a playbook is in action.
Badge
Hi Denver,

As of now in Product we don't have ability to Update CTA status based on some action, but we do have plans to do so. Will let you know once i have any update.

Badge
Hi Liam,

Just you let you know, that field(Percent Complete) is an OOTB field that comes with the product.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Denver,

Thanks for sharing this. Let me know if my understanding is correct here : You want to update the status of a CTA to "Work in Progress" if any task underneath it has been closed ?

I'm not the OP, but the way I see it, when a playbook is created, you can consider it to have a Status = new, once you close a task within the playbook, it could be considered in action - and therefore status = Work in progress.

but this may not always be the case...

Perhaps when closing a task, a simple dialog could appear asking the enduser if you would like to set the status = Work in progress. This is because there may be some scenarios where you close a task and the playbook is not actually Work in progress. Ie: Where you still want the playbook to be set to status = New.

Definite upvote for this idea. I'm trying to encourage increased usage of CTAs and more accountability by showing CTA progress on various dashboards for individuals/managements.

If a task is ticked off, ideally the status would automatically update to Work-in-progress. At the very least, it would be good to have the ability to "Update CTA" rather than just "Create/Close CTA" within rule actions so we can configure this manually.

Is there a particular back-end reason this Gainsight object can't be allowed to be updated in a similar way to other objects with the CTA ID (or subject) as an identifier?