Question

Help. Is it possible when viewing (all) CTA's to have New show on top, rather than Closed?

• 4 April 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

In short, our users would like the ability to sort the Group By so that New would show before Closed.  We do have a work around for them, which is changing the Group By to All and then adding the Column of Status Name and sorting by that. But it displays it all together, rather than separated.

Just curious if there is a way to do it and I just need to add an additional field or something.

Thank you for your time and feedback!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Sagan, see that little symbol next to the Status Name?  

That is ascending/descending.  Try clicking that and see if it changes the sort to what you need.
Badge +3
Hey Jeff.  It doesn't change.  It just changes the Status Name within the Group By.  It's not changing the actual sort of the Group By. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ah ok.  It doesn't appear there is any way to change it then.  Seems hard coded, but maybe someone from Gainsight can comment.

Do your CSMs need to see the Closed CTAs?   You can always add to the filter options to filter out anything that is a Closed status.
Badge +3
That's what I'm thinking as well.  I could put in an idea to request a Sort By option for the Group By section then. 

We have more than a few CSM's who like to see ALL (Open/Closed) CTA's.  And one of their favorite views is the Group By Status Name.  We have a work around for it so that they can see all Open/Closed in one view, but it's using the Group By All, so there isn't a defined break.
Hi Sagan,

We show status in alphabetical order. One way to see 'New' before 'Closed' is by appending a number before the status e.g. Statuses can be - 1 New, 2 WIP, 3 Closed

This way the alphabetical order of the status will change based on your requirements.

Having said that, we understand the need for better sorting capabilities and we will definitely try to improve the behavior soon.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Would a sorting option cover all scenarios, or should this honor the order in which status options are defined (display order in admin)? I think we honor the display order today in the CTA status dropdown.
Badge +3
Hi Manu! There was another post that I'm following regarding 'sorting' in the Report Builder to manually move items around and it be able to stay.  Mainly for reporting on Success Plans the various stages that a customer is at.  So looking at it by Objective rather than Customer.

I see Nitisha's (Hi!) response adding a numerical value in front it.  But if I'm not mistaken, it's alphabetical in some of the other areas, such as Success Plans in order get them to display in a certain order.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
My analysis was a bit incomplete. Nitisha clarified that we moved to alphabetical because we now support status options at multiple levels (Account, Relationship Type), so it's tricky to ascertain the correct display order. 
Badge +3
Hi Manu!  So, for now at least - if you want New to display before Completed, we would need to add a "A" in front of New (A - New) in order for it to display before Completed.  [Ideally, we would like a "Sort" feature for Group By, the way there is one for "Sort by".]