Question

Email Assist: I am able to select inactive contacts

• 17 November 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
When I click "Approve and Send Email" in an Email Task, and it pulls up the template editor, I am able to search for inactive contacts in the TO field.  There are a number of cases where duplicate contact records have been previously created for some reason and one of them set to inactive.  There needs to be a way to filter out any contacts that are not active.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Makes sense. How are you flagging these Contacts active/inactive?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We have a checkbox field "Is Active" on the contact record.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks. We'll have to think this through, since there is no standard way of marking Contacts 'inactive' like there is on the User object.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
One request from our team on adding the contact to the email is that it would be nice if there was a drop down feature to select the contacts to send to; in both the To and CC fields.  Instead of having to go back to the Account in SFDC to look for contacts.
Badge
Hi Lane,

In To and CC you can select both from Contacts & User, so drop-down list would be huge.

Other way of solving the problem is by using '%' operator for search, for example if you would like to Search for all the Contacts or Users that have Mike either in Name or Email, the you can use 'Mike%',

Or you want to look for all the Contacts and Users available, the just Type % and click Enter

Regards,

Hitesh