Solved

Email Assist - "Email Template" dropdown menu is cumbersome to use

• 9 June 2017
  • 6 replies

• 7 replies
When adding an Email task to a Playbook, it is currently rather difficult to search for the correct Email Template via the dropdown menu. The drop down menu does not sort templates alphabetically, by date updated, or any seemingly logical manner.

I have hundreds of Email Templates located in CoPilot. Even with very organized naming schemes, it is frustrating to locate the Email Template I want to use via the dropdown.

Can it be listed alphabetically, by template update (newest > oldest), or even better - include a search option?
icon

Best answer by hitesh_sharma 8 August 2017, 11:22

View original

6 replies

Badge
I second the search capability!
Hi,

I totally agree, we will improve it soon.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Badge
Hi All,

As part of the Summer release(will be available Sept 1st week), you can find search option in the drop-down when searching for Email Templates.

Regards,

Hitesh
Badge +3

Hi all,

The search functionality is great but i still think the sorting by alphabetical order is still key. Bringing this back up here :https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/sorting-of-email-templates-in-email-assist-38017#post41413

If anyone would take a sec to vote and comment :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi all,

The search functionality is great but i still think the sorting by alphabetical order is still key. Bringing this back up here :https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/sorting-of-email-templates-in-email-assist-38017#post41413

If anyone would take a sec to vote and comment :)

Hi Ed!

Recently Gainsight did add the ability for Admins to toggle whether an email template is visible to the CSM in the CTA Add Email list.  Would it help your end users if the Admins reduced the number of templates available?

Badge +3

Hi Ed!

Recently Gainsight did add the ability for Admins to toggle whether an email template is visible to the CSM in the CTA Add Email list.  Would it help your end users if the Admins reduced the number of templates available?

Hi Angela,

We currently do not have too many but some of our end users are having a trouble adopting because they do not know what is available. We have this great naming convention like starting things with (Conference-) or (Lifecycle-) but they show up scattered in the email assist dropdown from cockpit. We have showcased the search feature but still low adoption. I think it should be a pretty simple update to push with major benefits for a lot of GS users. Right now in the Admin>JO>email assist templates I noticed the it sorts as I update them (which gets messy). The vision would be that the CSM would see the drop down and have a grouping similar to this:

Conference- Name of Template 1

Conference- Name of Template 2

Conference- Name of Template 2

Lifecycle - Name of template 1

Lifecycle - Name of template 2

Lifecycle - Name of template 3

We do a pretty good job of archiving old templates but we use this funcionality a lot.