Solved

CTA Tasks: Map the correct status to SFDC

• 26 November 2019
  • 8 replies

Badge

Really stuck on this one and have not been able to find the right answer anywhere! 

Right now we have our Gainsight CTA Tasks syncing to SFDC as an open activity. Once closed in Gainsight, the task status in SFDC is showing as an old status we no longer use: “CC Declined”. I want the status to show as “Completed” since that is a closed tasks status in SFDC. I’m not sure why it shows as CC Declined, it is not a default anywhere. 

How do I ensure that when a Gainsight task syncs to SFDC that it shows the status I want? 

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 26 November 2019, 21:17

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Is CC Declined a SFDC status configured in your environment?

I think there might need to be a change implemented on the SFDC side. In our setup, Tasks from Gainsight are always defaulting to be logged as a type of Call, which is misleading and our SFDC admin plans to change for the Gainsight OAuth user going forward.

Perhaps there are similar limitation within your SFDC setup?

Badge

Is CC Declined a SFDC status configured in your environment?

I think there might need to be a change implemented on the SFDC side. In our setup, Tasks from Gainsight are always defaulting to be logged as a type of Call, which is misleading and our SFDC admin plans to change for the Gainsight OAuth user going forward.

Perhaps there are similar limitation within your SFDC setup?

It is configured yes, but we cannot change our SFDC statuses currently. That status has a use, and we cannot change it. I cannot figure WHY it defaults as that status for Gainsight tasks, as it is not set that way at all. Just looking for a way to change what the default is, or what status shows when it syncs. Is that possible at all?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jasminebondc I believe you’ll want to adjust the Status Mapping set of options on the right hand side of your screenshot so that only one of them makes it Closed. Looks like it’s picking the first one alphabetically, thus the CC Declined one.  Ours is the same, and since I want it to default to Completed when the GS Status is Closed, I just have Closed next to Completed if that makes sense.

Badge

@jasminebondc I believe you’ll want to adjust the Status Mapping set of options on the right hand side of your screenshot so that only one of them makes it Closed. Looks like it’s picking the first one alphabetically, thus the CC Declined one.  Ours is the same, and since I want it to default to Completed when the GS Status is Closed, I just have Closed next to Completed if that makes sense.

What I had figured, but support told me that was not the case. I will try that and see if it solves our problem!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What I had figured, but support told me that was not the case. I will try that and see if it solves our problem!

Let me know if that works!  I’m invested now.

Badge

@heather_hansen How did you create the options for the gainsight side? My only options are open and closed. Would like to assign “not started” as one as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

So, for that, we had to add them in CSTask in Salesforce.  We added Declined, Closed - Incomplete, and In Progress.  It’s under Create → Objects → CSTask, and then, Status.

Badge

Brilliant, thank you!!