Question

CTA Best Practise

• 23 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

Is there a “best practise” or guidance for how many CTA’s are created by account?

Understanding there are lifecycle stages, customer segments and other factors to consider I am wondering if less can be more and or there is a “too many” number that can refocus the CSM to admin and maintenance tasks.

Thanks

Ross

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Not sure there is a hard and fast number - as you mentioned it will vary by segment, lifecycle among other things. Short answer, less is more - think of the quality of why you’re doing it first to filter out poor use cases.

Also, I’m assuming you’re just referring to automated CTA’s here.

I think in general you want to avoid everything a CSM needs to do turning into a CTA. You want to be intentional with why you’re triggering your CTA’s, what you want to accomplish with the CTA, and if there isn’t some other way like a dashboard to get the information already.

They’re called “Call To Action” for a reason - do you need to alert the CSM to take a specific set of actions in a Playbook based on a data anomaly? Or do you are just tracking some piece of information, like an event (like a new case was created) that could be viewed in a dashboard? In my opinion, you want the former not the latter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I dropped some thoughts on good CTA construction here:

I recognize this doesn’t quite answer the question of how many CTAs to generate. However, I wonder if the spirit behind the question is how to generate high-quality and meaningful CTAs.

Badge

@RossM This is certainly a late reply, but I’m just stumbling upon your post now. We too have been looking for guidance here. Rather than having a specific number, these are the questions we are asking ourselves internally to help determine our ideal CTA total: 

• How many CTAs can our Admin team effectively monitor, maintain, and update? 
  • Are the CTAs we have effectively scattered throughout the customer lifecycle? Ex. Do we only have Risk CTAs or do we have an equal balance of Growth CTAs as well? 
  • Are we being impactful through the CTAs we have today? We are doing adoption analyses to determine how a customer grows or contracts with us following a CTA 
  • Can a new CTA idea be integrated into an existing CTA rather than created as it’s own? 
  • Are reps effectively closing CTAs out by their Due Dates or is a backlog being created?