Question

CTA attachments report

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I'm working with a customer who would like to run a report on any CTAs that have file attachments. I wasn't able to find the data object that I could use to create a report to show this. Is this a report that can be created and used in either dashboards, C360 or ad-hoc contexts?

Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Are you referring to the file attachments feature we released recently?

If yes, you can build reports on the GSFileLink object, like so:

Thanks,

Manu
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks, Manu - this is exactly what I was looking for!

Is it correct to say that some of these fields that you show in your sample report are only available if file attachments are enabled within that specific instance of Gainsight?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
This object and the fields I pulled in are shipped with our package. Records will be added only once we enable and start using the feature.
I don't see this as a related object to Call To Action in Data Spaces. Is this because it is not being used, or is this a limitation of the data type?

When I target GSFileLink directly in Data Spaces it does not have any related fields.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hey Steven,

I think it was a permissions issue. I edited the JBCXM permission set to include access to all the fields in that object. Could you try building the Data Space now?

Thanks,

Manu
Badge
I created the same report using GSFileLink as the object, and no data is showing. I have configured everything in the Calls To Action admin section. any tips?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
So, we don't have the Auto post files to enabled because we are fine just posting them to the account Chatter page.  From what I've been able to figure out, it doesn't appear that I can then report on these attachments in either GS or Salesforce.  

Here's my use case:

Part of my CSM process is to attach the EBR delivered to the CTA (and thus the account Chatter feed).  As a CSM Manager, I want to be able to audit my team to ensure adherence to this.

Any suggestions for how I can accomplish?
Hey Heather - Wanted to see if you got any outside tips on whether reporting was possible via the method you are posting attachments.  I a similar set-up and also need to be able to audit whether files are getting posted. 

I appreciate any insight you might have!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi,

No luck on this end yet either.  I'll definitely keep you posted on progress!
Thank you Heather!