Question

Configuring CTAs - Importing Contact Details

• 9 December 2016
  • 2 replies

We are customizing our CTA's so the CSMs do not have to search for information to inform their outreach. We are having issues with connecting information: 

1) How to pre-populate Contacts field with primary contact? 

2) How to populate contact information?

We linked the Contact object to pull in a contact's information on the account. As opposed to displaying the applicable fields, it's asking to either create new or link to an existing account. I tried to link it to an existing account, but the account does not show up in the search. 

3) How to populate case information on the CTA? 

We are running into the same issue from #2 where the account is not showing up in the search when going to link to an existing account. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks for posting, Travis!

I don't think we can auto-link Contacts via Rules Engine right now, unfortunately. It does let you manually search for and associate multiple Contacts that belong to the Account the CTA is on.

The other option here is linked objects, which is what you are trying to do with Cases. This is a great way of bringing two processes together: CTA in GS with the Case in SF. You can either create a new Case entirely, or associate an existing one by searching for the Case Number. I know that in the Winter release (Feb), we have plans to let you auto-associate a record via Rules Engine, as long as the record id (Case Id in this example) is available.

Although you can link the Contact object this way, it's not recommended if you have multiple Contacts to associate. This method supports adding only one record from the linked object.
Thank you for the response, Manu. 

It would be helpful to view cases #'s and types (or to be able to pre-populate certain types cases). 

Thanks, again!