Question

Cockpit: Create a Comment field at the Task level

• 19 November 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Our CSMs would like to have a Comment field added at the Task level (similar to how it is at the CTA level) as there is often reason to capture notes or link to an external document related to that particular Task, especially if there is a need to explain circumstances around the closure of an individual Task.

6 replies

Hi Jeff, are you looking for a different field than the task description field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yes. We used the Description field to provide pre-populated information, notes, guidance to assist CSMs.  We need a separate comments field for CSMs to capture any notes.
You can add an additional text field to the CTA Task Layout today to capture any notes/comments in a separate field.

You would first add a new field to the CS Task Object (either a text or long-text field) and then you can add it through the Cockpit Config tab in GS Admin - see below

Our support documentation isn't terribly clear on this point so let me know if that's enough guidance to get you going or if you'd like me to provide more detail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I had our SFDC admin create a long-text CS Task field called Comments.  I add to the Task detail view layout config, I don't check the read-only field, but when I pull up a Task the field does not appear editable.  What am I missing?
Did your SFDC Admin give you edit access to the field when they created it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Evidently there was a permissions set that was missed.  We're good now. Thank you!