Solved

Calendly appointments to create CTAs

• 5 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello GS Admins,

Anyone have any luck/success with automating Calendly (or similar booking software) appointments to create CTAs or log to Timeline in Gainsight? Goal is to surface this info somewhere in Gainsight.

BlackLine’s Accounting and Finance conference Beyond the Black is coming up in Mid-November and the team is leveraging Calendly — without admin consultation — to book potentially 500+ appointments with CSMs/AMs over the 3 day conference.

Any suggestions welcomed on how to get data online using basically email addresses (assuming they are a contact) & date (to set due date or token in comment) for each event.

Trying to figure out how to land this plane that is already cruising at 30,000 ft.

Happy Thursday & Thanks in advance.

PS- Feel like this may become an Idea as well for a very useful integration use case :)

icon

Best answer by cnichols 24 November 2020, 17:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Bumping this to the top. I am interested too!

@seth and @meenal_shukla any knowledge on this?

Badge +1

Hi @davebrown2242 

We added calendly to the User attributes and then made an email template that the user could email out and it would put their specific calendly link in based on the token. 

We haven’t put this into Journey Orchetrator yet but were talking about doing that rather we are just emailing from the CTA to start. 

Hope the above helps - let me know if you want more details on what we did here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @davebrown2242 

We added calendly to the User attributes and then made an email template that the user could email out and it would put their specific calendly link in based on the token. 

We haven’t put this into Journey Orchetrator yet but were talking about doing that rather we are just emailing from the CTA to start. 

Hope the above helps - let me know if you want more details on what we did here. 

@davebrown2242 did this help? Please let us know if you need any help here.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@cnichols  & @sai_ram :

Thanks first off @cnichols! nice way to get it going.  I ended up with a SFDC object with relevant fields where we pulled in the details of the Calendly meeting details (as marketing wanted a piece of the data as well). It was a quick solution for sure - more of a SUPRIZE this is happening moment. Will work on something more integrated for the next go round. Our Beyond the Black conference saw over 15k attendees with many scheduling appointments. Will be worth the effort for a more elegant solution in 2021.

Unless Gainsight Product wants to think Connector 🙂 Many could benefit from such an integration.

Badge

Hi @davebrown2242 

Hey @cnichols, can you elaborate on this please?  One of our CSMs asked about a calendly link sync this morning since it is currently a copy and paste job the way we have it set up.  Is there a way to auto-populate a CSMs specific calendar within the email templates in journey orchestrator?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@cnichols and others - We’re looking at going down the route of adding the Calendly link to the user attributes so we can pull this into templates and JO. How did you accomplish getting the individual users links into their user account? We were going to have them setup and put them in a CSV for a bulk update and then manage as new reps come in. Did you do anything else? Is there another way reps can manage their own links?