Solved

Ability to Update Bulk CTA's using CTA API

• 8 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Currently the CTA API does not allow for bulk updates. Only 1 CTA can be created/updated using CTA API. Since there are chances that 1 record in Salesforce will contain multiple CTA’s in gainsight, it will be good for allowing bulk updates via API.  This will also help us to automate many manual tasks that are now possible only using Mass Edit.

icon

Best answer by matthew_lind 20 May 2021, 15:33

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@ravi0389 thank you for sharing your concern here. I will check the possibilities or workaround to do this and get back to you.

@ravi0389 thank you for sharing your concern here. I will check the possibilities or workaround to do this and get back to you.

Thank you Sai. 

any idea on this please

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@sai_ram on sick leave, will check  now and get back to you. Sorry for the delay here. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am able to effectively update multiple CTAs by using the Call To Action API and the Gainsight Rules Engine.

My high-level steps:

1. Configure a Custom Connector which utilizes the Gainsight API.
  2. Configure an External Action which uses the CTA API endpoint. Within the Payload, I tokenize the Call to Action GSID and the field(s) I want to update.
  3. Configure a Rule. In the Setup Rule: I fetch, filter, transform so I have my Call To Action GSIDs along with CTA fields/values I wish to update.
  4. In the Setup Action, I use the Action “Call External API”, selecting my External Action from Step #2 above.

These steps effectively let you run the Call to Action API as a recurring loop, where the CTA API runs once for each row in your Rule dataset, with each loop containing a unique Call to Action GSID.

@ravi0389 While we don’t have it in our immediate roadmap, we are planning for a bulk update API which will solve your use case. Until then, I feel the answer provided by Matthew will solve your problem to some extent.