Solved

Ability to track CTA Due date changes

• 16 May 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +2
Hey All,

I've got a customer that would like the ability to track each time a CTA due date is changed.

Basically, they change the due date frequently and just want to be able to see how many times it has been done already so that they don't kick a CTA to the wayside too many times.

I understand that this might be a Salesforce limitation, but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of any way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

-Tom
icon

Best answer by aditya_marla 28 October 2019, 07:28

View original

7 replies

Badge +3
They could track Field History on this field (in SFDC go to Calls to Action and enable Field History Tracking).  Only challenge might be in the best way to display that info.  Is this something the CSM would want to see via Cockpit?  The other thing to consider is that Gainsight does track "Original Due Date" and 'Due Date'.  That could help highlight where a CTA has been pushed out too far...
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Tom,

FYI.. Enabling the Field History Tracking on Call To Action object, this how the data will be saved in the object. Date value will not be displayed in actual date format. 

Thanks,

-Sairam
Badge +1
@sai_ram_pulluri Hi Sairam - Is there a way to decipher what dates the "new value" and "old value" correlate to? I'm trying to use this to decipher turnaround times for certain CTAs and having a bit of trouble.

Hi @acote ,

When a field value is changed, the “old value” stores what was the value from which it was changed & the “new value” stores the value it was changed to. The created data field will give the time when the change was done. Let me know if that makes sense?

Also, by turnaround times do you want to track the time taken to close CTA’s by users?

Badge +1

@aditya_marla yes - we are just using the original due date - closed date. (Our mgmt team initially wanted to see how often the due date is getting pushed back but consolidating this in a consumable/meaningful way wouldn’t be worth the effort.)  

That does make sense but our data came in as a random number string, not the actual value we were looking for but, in any event, we shouldn’t need this functionality anymore. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

That does make sense but our data came in as a random number string, not the actual value we were looking for but, in any event, we shouldn’t need this functionality anymore. Thanks!

That random string might actually be epoch time - I’ve had that happen with date/time fields. 

Badge +1

@john_apple Ah - got it! Thanks, that makes way more sense. Will keep that in mind in the future.