Include a way to include field description or tooltip's on success plan fields. (Or all fields for C

Related products: CS Success Plans

It would be helpful to have the ability to include field descriptions or tooltips for fields that you have created on Success Plans or CTA's. (Example Below.)

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for sharing this. Could you provide an example of the help text you want to add and for what fields?

Is changing the (display) name of the field not feasible for your use-case?

So I posted this for a customer but I think they wanted the tooltip to have a description of what the field is meant for. Similar to how we have a description field to explain what a rule does but in this case we would use it to describe the field.

I believe they wanted this because there was a character limit of the field and they didn't want to make the actual field name too complicated so they suggested a tooltip description to explain what the field is for.

It could also feasibly show what object the field is located on. For example: Object (CTA Group:Description) - or something along those lines.

Got it. Thanks for sharing this...do you have any example of the description for any field ?

By showing the field path (i.e which object its located on)...do you think that would work as an alternative for the help text? (or both are needed?)

Hello Aditya,

Yeah so the description would be something like: 'Use this field to track customer sentiment.' or 'Track work hours here.'

Basically it would just be a short description that would allow the CSM's to understand what each field is meant for.

The field path might work but I'm not %100 sure if that's what the customer is looking for. I know they would likely prefer the description because my guess is that their CSM's won't have the permissions to go and look up the field description from inside salesforce itself.

Hello Aditya,

Yeah so the description would be something like: 'Use this field to track customer sentiment.' or 'Track work hours here.'

Basically it would just be a short description that would allow the CSM's to understand what each field is meant for.

The field path might work but I'm not %100 sure if that's what the customer is looking for. I know they would likely prefer the description because my guess is that their CSM's won't have the permissions to go and look up the field description from inside salesforce itself.

Hi Andrew,

Got it. Thanks for sharing this. Changing this to an idea post, based on how many other customers are interested in this functionality, we would plan it

Hi,

is this Feature still not available? Has it been planned to be added someday?

Thanks

Ester

Hi 

The feature is not part of short term roadmap. We will follow this thread. More upvotes will help prioritising it. 

Hey,

I’m also interested in adding a tooltip to a field in the timeline activity, so as to include a description of what needs to be entered into a field.

Any idea as to when this is planned in roadmap?

Thanks,

Tal

Hello,

This is also something my team would gain value from. There are questions about what each field is defined as within a success plan.

As an example the success plan info field is Description. Description can mean a number of things based on who is creating a success plan. It would be helpful to add a tool tip to hover based on what we define as the description field. 

Another way of doing this is to add grey out text as a template to apply within a field. For example a Description field could include grey out text as “Project Scope: Please include what the scope of this project is defined as for the client. Common examples include: xyz.” 

Added my upvote to this.

Recently my team were wanting some information displayed in a hover tip on Success Plans.

Currently if you hover over the field, it displays the field name in the hover tip. 

The ability to provide additional information (like you can on fields in c360) would be super useful

This would be very helpful for CTAs too

This would be extremely useful!

Our team would also benefit from this feature.

We could also use this functionality. It will help with enablement both for new hires and when we add new fields to existing success plans.

In addition, it would be nice to have a tool tip at each header section of the plan info tab. We have a request to display a text box instructing the user regarding that section, but a tool tip would be a better option.

@anirbandutta have we made any progress on this in four years by chance? Asking for a friend :)