Edit Timeline Fields by Relationship

Related products: None

Hello, I would like to see the ability to customize timeline activity fields specific to a relationship, regardless of whether the activity type is global. For example, we have “Update” as a global activity type. Because it is global, I am unable to edit it in the “configure for” at the relationship level. When I wish to add a relationship-specific field, I must add it to the global Update activity. Because of the reports, dashboards and other infrastructure built off the Update activity type, I do not wish to create a new relationship-specific activity type.

@sierra_evans Thanks for sharing! We will look into it.

@sierra_evans To solve such use-cases, we have the reporting categories. You can create separate activities for each relationship type and add a common reporting category for each of them. You can then use the reporting category in reports and dashboards.

@sierra_evans did u get a chance view the comments, need any help here?

@sai_ram @nitisha_rathi Thank you for your review and input. The reporting category does not meet our use case. What I am looking to do is change the required fields for input on the timeline activity entry by relationship.

@sai_ram @nitisha_rathi Thank you for your review and input. The reporting category does not meet our use case. What I am looking to do is change the required fields for input on the timeline activity entry by relationship.

@sierra_evans acknowledged.

@sierra_evans Our recommendation is to create separate activity types per relationship types, for different set of form fields. 

Reporting category will then help to tie them together for reporting/ analytics purposes.

@sierra_evans did you get a chance to view the comments here?