Clone a query within a Program

Related products: None

I’d like to be able to clone a query within a program for use-cases where the data being pulled might be very similar and utilizing the same datasets filtered differently for each. 

I agree. It would be so much easier to clone queries. There’s another idea here on not having to remap the query if you make changes: https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/journey-orchestrator-query-builder-field-mapping-38313

Contact queries need a bit of a UI/UX pass to make them easier to maintain. Its a bit cumbersome at the moment. 

I’d like to be able to clone a query within a program for use-cases where the data being pulled might be very similar and utilizing the same datasets filtered differently for each. 

@kelly Thanks for posting it here! Its a multiple team dependency and needs brainstorming. This would take good amount of time to give you an update.

+1 also a similar post here: 

@sai_ram Maybe we can combine the support?

Hello @bradley 

I am not sure how complex is your queries. Can you try using segments for this use case? 

Hello @bradley 

I am not sure how complex is your queries. Can you try using segments for this use case? 

In some cases, but the overall request here is the ability to clone queries (similar to how you can rules) so that you don’t have to start over every time.

Cloning queries within a Program is helpful if you need to run a program more than once a day.

Cloning queries between Programs is helpful if you need to reuse a query for a new program.

hello @bradley 

I have added this to our roadmap i will update when we prioritise this.

Working on a journey today that I need to recreate the same query with slight changes several times over, and that brought up this pain again.  Can we get an update on this?

ABSOLUTELY. This would save sooo much time -- I often find myself needing to duplicate my tab, having screens side-by-side, ensuring I’m picking all the exact same fields as my first query, which is tedious enough itself. Sometimes, I miss one, but I don’t realize it until I get to Step 2 for participant mapping and see that I mapped one in my first query that I’m missing in my second, so I have to go back to the query, add it, then go back to map it.

Duplicating a query would be huge.

No idea how I didn’t land on this thread earlier. Every time I have to build a Program that needs to have multiple query builders with just 1 change in filter configuration I weep due to the lack of ability to clone a query. This would save so much time for the admins rather than recreating the same thing from scratch again.

@PavanCh are you able to share the latest on this feature?

+1000000000000000 on this. 

@PavanCh could you pl share any updates?

An update:

We will be supporting Data Designer as a source for JO programs going forward. Data designer offers significant enhancements to the Query builder experience overall in terms of UX as well as capabilities. Query builder will be subsumed into Data designer.

‘Clone’ is one of the options available with Data Designer.

Simple programs which is the next iteration of JO (currently in Beta) supports Data Designer as a data source, and the support for the same will also be added to ‘Advanced programs’ in a future release. 

I need this!

I always have 3 regions that I build a query for in journeys. This is to be able to have a different scheduled time that each query runs, for different time zones. Typically there’s just 1 filter that needs to be different for all queries. 

To replicate this query x2, for example, it took me around an hour to re-build the query. In could have taken 5 minutes instead, to clone, and change 1 filter!

Partially FixedIN DEVELOPMENT