Blog

TRACK: TURNING CS OPS INTO A STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE

TRACK: TURNING CS OPS INTO A STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 548 replies

Please use this blog post as a place to discuss your thoughts on the sessions and topics covered in the track 'Turning CS Ops into a Strategic Advantage'. What did you find the most inspiring?

Description

Hear from CS Operations experts as they share best practices on a range of topics including building a CS Operations function, developing your post-sales operations strategy and roadmap, maturing and scaling your CS strategy to drive efficient growth.

14 replies

Badge +3

So Excited for Pulse!! Even more excited to join the Speaker Fam! I’m speaking on the panel about CS Ops career path, “Is a Career in CS Ops for You? Let’s Find Out!”. I’m so excited to share my very weird rocky path here with y’all. AND Excited to jam out with all of you at the Pulse Party!!! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Can’t wait to see you there, @bmayden ! 🙌 🥳

Badge +3

@linneako and I are so pumped for this year’s Pulse! Not only will it be our first time actually being able to attend the full event [in person], but we’re also taking the stage!

We’ll be discussing ‘Growing your CS Ops Team to Empower your Business’! We can’t wait to dive into how growing our CS Ops team, has allowed us to better utilize Gainsight and gave us a more feature-rich instance; giving us the ability to better provide and empower our Business!

Other things we’re looking forward to? Besides being in person at Pulse…learning how other companies are using Gainsight, and new innovations coming from Gainsight! 

We’re also bringing 20 people 😁 [Product Strategist Customer Success, Customer Operations Customer Support | #PowerInNumbers]!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

WOW TWENTY PEOPLE @sagan_sherlin ! You’ll be bringing your own party wherever you all show up!

Badge +2

I’m excited to attend this year and more excited to be speaking for this track. I’ve been a GS Admin for about 8 years and can’t wait to share my experience in upgrading to NXT.

I’ve had a hand in leading it as the project manager, q/a, technical liaison, enablement and deployment!

See you all there!

Badge +1

@seth  Jamf is bringing a party but also making up for the ones we missed over the last few years. So excited to be part of this in 2022.

@sagan_sherlin 💖 Can’t wait!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

So Excited for Pulse!! Even more excited to join the Speaker Fam! I’m speaking on the panel about CS Ops career path, “Is a Career in CS Ops for You? Let’s Find Out!”. I’m so excited to share my very weird rocky path here with y’all. AND Excited to jam out with all of you at the Pulse Party!!! 

Such a great and important Topic.  Can’t wait!!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

HI Everyone!

Super excited to finally meet so many important people in person!!!!  I’m hosting a crazy and wild session on The Ultimate Playbook to Building and Developing Customer Success Operations!  I’ll share feedback on several different topics.  Primarily focusing on foundation with a mix of maturity!  The best part of all of this - is being around all of you and sharing our common stories. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m joining the chorus of folks who are excited to gather in person at Pulse 2022, and also continuing the theme of telling stories, which is one of the most excellent languages we have.

If your current self could send a letter back to your previous self, what would you write? I’ve been noodling on this idea for months, professionally and personally, and am so pleased it bloomed into a Pulse panel session Letters to My Former CS Self: Best Practices for Developing Your CS Strategy.

Come hang out with me and some other legendary Customer Success Operations leaders, and let’s share some stories.

Thursday 18 Aug at 2:00pm PT; Just put it into your calendar now, OK? 😀 📅

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

So excited about Pulse. Every year I have gone, I have left the conference feeling more confident and knowledgeable to help my organization move the needle on the our next milestone. 

I am even more excited to be a speaker this year. YEAHHH!! I am excited to talk about top 3 strategies that can be used daily to help us build a more mature data structure and to build better and more efficiently with easy. I am so passionate about my topic, The Top 3 Mistakes Making Your Data Strategy a Struggle,  and am excited to share this with the Gainsight Community.

Come to my session and walk away with a “HOW TO..” to take back with you as your guide for your daily conversations.

Thank you to @seth  and Sonia for all their efforts in helping make this track chalk full of best practices and golden nuggets. everyone will be able to take something back with them. I look forward to seeing everyone there. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Can’t wait for this session!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m excited to be sharing the stage with some CS legends for our session: 

Letters to My Former CS Self: Best Practices for Developing Your CS Strategy 

Check us out on Thu Aug 18 at  2:00 PM - 2:45 PM PDT 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Awesome presentation by JAMF team @sagan_sherlin @linneako 

And a good topic to follow up on:

how do you measure the value/effectiveness/contribution of CS ops?

@kendra_mcclanahan - how do you think about this?

Cc @seth 

Badge +6

@tyler_mcnally love this question!

Three things I think about:

• Are we able to deliver on strategic goals? Measured by the roadmap we’ve aligned on with stakeholders through our OKR process.
  • How effective is the team at both running the business and delivering on strategic goals. Measure by our agile sprint process (in Monday.com) - we look at committed vs. delivered and strive for predictability. 
  • Impact we’re having on end-user productivity/effectiveness. Measured through a quarterly survey to end-users that’s focused on key aspects of their role.
    • Bonus item 🙂 Is CS hitting their quarterly metrics without extra effort? If they have to put in extra effort, how can we help them standardize and reduce efforts over time?

An example of the last bullet that was a recent win for our team! In the survey, we ask CSMs & CS Leaders “I can easily find enablement documentation so I can understand and execute key activities”. From Q1 to Q2, we improved from 3.5 → 3.7 (CSMs) & 3.7 → 4.2 (CS Leaders), a .5 improvement for CS Leaders! This improvement was due to the amazing work our Enablement leader, Jen Bruno, put into redesigning our CSM Guidebook. We centralized our documentation in Coda, and developed an “action items” page along with other critical processes.

I’d love to hear how others answer this question!

How do you measure the value/effectiveness/contribution of CS ops?