Speaking about Operations & Enablement: The Power Duo for Customer Success

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Looking forward to discussing one of my favourite topics: why and how CS Operations & Enablement working effectively together is the key to a successful Gainsight environment. 

Technology is only as good as the enablement behind it. As Gainsight Admins & CS Ops professionals, we need to think like Product Managers. Before building something as simple as a report or a dashboard, let alone editing the 360 views of our customers, we need to ask ourselves: how are my end users going to gain value out of this? Not only that, but how easily will they gain that value?

In our world, we often think about things like story points or level of effort, but we need to add two more factors into this: level of impact and ease of adoption.

Then, we work backwards from that enablement. In this session, we’ll dive into the actionable tactics you can bring back to your development process to prioritize the user experience and a strong partnership with CS enablement.

About Me: by day, I’m the Senior Manager, CS Systems at Amplitude, managing a team of CS Systems admins and engineers focused on helping CS help their customers. By night, I’m the co-founder and primary operator of the Global Gainsight Admins community, a Slack & Meetup volunteer-based organization focused on Gainsight Admins helping fellow Gainsight Admins (new, old, upcoming). I am also a runner, avid hiker, dog mom, and your friendly Canadian. Amplitude is my 8th Gainsight instance, and I’m excited to share about some of my learnings along this journey. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thoroughly excited to hear that you are speaking @gunjanm 🔥

Wohooo!

Userlevel 1
Badge

YEAH GUNJAN

Badge +3

Hey @gunjanm this sounds exciting. Being a part of the CS enablement team, looking forward to learning some tactics from you 😄 at Pulse!!!!!!!!🎉

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@gunjanm So excited to hear you speak! Looking forward to such an insightful session! 🎉 🔥 

Badge +5

@gunjanm Excellent session!! I would like to know what according to you are some key strategies you would suggest in order to integrate enablement into ops work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@gunjanm Excellent session!! I would like to know what according to you are some key strategies you would suggest in order to integrate enablement into ops work?

Thank you! I would suggest:

• Get enablement involved early
  • Anything user facing should have the enablement lens in the design itself to validate that it is easily usable, well understood, and will be adopted
  • Run the data to check on adoption gaps, and then hone in on why those gaps exist
Badge +5

Thanks much @gunjanm 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Wonderful Session🚀 @gunjanm. I am curious to know, do you consider it crucial to have a team or position that is primarily responsible for enablement?

Badge +3

@gunjanm  I wanted to ask as a GS admin what would you suggest as an efficient way to help get enablement off the ground?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry for the delay @Aman and @aiprakash I missed the notifications! 

Aman - yes, this is critical. An enablement focused person views and dissects information and material very differently from a technical or operational person. This is important in ensuring that the users are indeed getting it

Aarti - I would start with an internal study to understand front line perspectives on the current state of processes, expectations, even role clarity. You are bound to discover low hanging areas to fill gaps that you did not know or think existed!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you @gunjanm