Pulse Conference: A First-Timer Review

• 19 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The following was written after the first day of Pulse 2022. I was asked by a couple of folks at Gainsight to share it here in the Community, so here we go :)

————

I'm sitting on a hotel balcony in San Francisco, overlooking a swimming pool. The air is crisp, the sky is clear. Why am I here, and not my home in British Columbia, Canada?

The Zapier Community won a Gainsight GameChanger award, for Outstanding Community (we use inSided, a platform Gainsight acquired earlier this year).

It's a team award, but only one of us could come to the Pulse conference. That person is me :)

Ok, Now...the Pulse Conference

I haven't been to too many conferences, but I gotta say that this one's done well! Today was Day 1 (it wraps up tomorrow) and I've got nothing but positive things to say.

1) The Kick-Off Keynote

Lights, music, enthusiasm, a panel of awesome speakers, and a Ted Lasso-inspired pre-recorded intro video starring various Gainsight employees. What more could you ask for?

2) The Sessions

So many great speakers, with talks about all sorts of Customer Success/Community-related topics. It was hard to decide which sessions to attend!

3) The Ambience/Atmosphere

Held at Moscone West, it simultaneously feels like a party (there is often a DJ spinning), but also a value-packed community of professionals sharing knowledge and expertise. And puppies!

4) The Gainsight Team

Everyone from Gainsight that I've met has been amazing. So welcoming, friendly, and helpful. They'd never met me, but you wouldn't know it based on how they've treated me!

5) The GameChanger Award

Not only is the physical award super rad, there was an awards reception for all the recipients (where the Gainsight CEO handed out the awards). And this year is the first time they've included Outstanding Community, so I guess we're inaugural winners?

Wrapping Up

It's been a heck of a day, and I look forward to seeing what Day 2 brings. In the past, Vanilla Ice has shown up to perform, so who knows what can happen?!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Awesome stuff @nicksimard! Thank YOU for such a detailed and heartfelt writeup! 🙌🏽 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It’s such gut-level awesome to hear about that first-time-at-Pulse energy! Congratulations on the award, and hope to meet you in person next year :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Congratulations once again on the award @nicksimard 🌟 & thank YOU for taking time to write such a detailed write up! 🙌🏼