Must Have Skills for an Impactful CSM: CS = Customer Experience + Customer Outcomes

• 3 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
  • Gainsight Employee: Rookie
  • 5 replies

Hey Everyone!  I cannot wait to get to SF for Pulse and I am especially excited to be participating in this CSM-led track! 🚀

Often times when we discuss Customer Experience (CX) and Outcomes (CO) here at Gainsight, we’re speaking about measuring CO with our DEAR framework and the correlations with Net Revenue Retention📈

We might also talk about measuring CX with NPS or ‘closing the loop.’ All very important- but we’re only scratching the surface, missing out on an important discussion around how inspiring orienting our work around CO and CX can be! 🤩

For my session, I wanted to dig into how we can use the CX + CO framework to add context and purpose to the entire breadth of work that a CSM does (What’s-in-it-for-CSM, so to speak). 

In my track, we’ll cover

• How gathering outcomes at all levels of the business and numerous points in the customer journey makes for easier renewals and drives expansion 📊
  • Why prioritizing a Human-First approach is crucial for excellent CX 🌞 
  • How the Gainsight PX CS Team does Digital-Led CX + CO and what I’ve learned in my first year as a PX CSM 🦾 

TLDR: Come to this track to level-up and find out what it means to be an outcome-oriented, feedback driven CSM and hear why I think CX + CO is the PB & J of CS😎

P.S. Not to forget a very brief intro - I am an Enterprise PX CSM based out of Boston, a former musician and I love art and architecture! See you at Pulse! 😊💥 

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

EEEEK!  Can’t wait to see you shine!  

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Go Jack! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Can’t wait for this session!!! 🔥

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

So looking forward to this super-insighful session!!!! 🚀 😃

Badge +5

A great session @jmobley on the DEAR Framework. I would love to hear from you, what as per you is the biggest benefit to using this Framework?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you @BVirodhula ! I would say that it combines the very human aspects of being a CSM with actionable and data-driven insights. 

Getting the best of both worlds in order to create a more vivid picture of the customer from which we can then dig into the nuance and see what actions we need to take!

Badge +5

Thanks a lot @jmobley 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for an amazing session 🚀 @jmobley .

I am interested to learn, what according to you is the distinction between the CS and CX strategies?