Question

Time Measure to current health score to remind Reps to update score

• 29 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

IS THIS FEASIBLE in GAINSIGHT ??

[Can we add] a time measure to the Current Product Health scores so that reps will be reminded to update the score if things have changed (example: 3 months after modifying the score, get a reminder to update score if needed).  It would be great if GS could send an automated email to the Renewal Rep on file with a link to the Current Product Health for that account in GS so they can update and provide notes.  Is this something that GS would be able to do?"

Open questions, awaiting replies from Pete:

a. Current health, technical risk, or both?
b. What is the time measure value for a health score expiring and becoming stale?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This is quite possible, if you utilize the “Modified Date” from the Scorecard objects in the Gainsight MDA. I’d look especially at the Unified Scorecard Fact - Company, if you’re using Company. There you can filter for which Measures need to be updated (using Measure Id) and also filter in or out any Companies or segments to which these standards might not apply.

A few other ideas for you:

• Email notifications are nice, and can be sent to Gainsight Users via Journey Orchestrator (so long as the Renewal Rep is recorded on the Company in Gainsight.) However, in my experience internal email notifications start getting ignored 3-6 months after they are launched, deemed noise by the recipients with no real impact if they action--or don’t action--a message.
  • Therefore, I’ve seen some teams fire a CTA in this scenario. This gives more visibility to all that a score could use an update and also helps you understand (1) how often scores are going out of date and (2) how long it takes to remediate once its noticed. Over the long term, this also gives a historical readout of which Renewal Reps may have chronic “out of compliance” portfolios.
  • I’ve also seen a middle ground, with a report. The Report includes a column of “Days Since Last Update” and could be filtered to only show Companies out of compliance. This also gives more shared visibility, because leaders can then see all Companies which are out of compliance and encourage fresh scores.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can also set a “validity” period on the score measure itself that will then provide a visual indicator of when that measure is out of date.  We generally utilize an email including a report with the “Days Since Update” as a column to our users as a reminder and surface the scorecard mass edit report with the visual indicator in dashboards as well.