Solved

Suggestions for distinguishing multiple Accounts in Gainsight with the same name

• 16 August 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hello All, I'm seeking feedback and suggestions on how to make it easier to distinguish between multiple accounts in Gainsight that have the same name.

We have multiple accounts which are not duplicates, but share the same name 'George P Johnson' or 'George P. Johnson'. They exist in Salesforce and Gainsight in a 1to1 relation. Each is covered by a different CSM, and the CSMs would like to be able to distinguish which 'George P Johnson' account is their when the do a Customer search in GS. As it stands, when they search by name they get the multiple matching results with no way to know which they cover.

Merging the accounts in SFDC isn't an option, they exist for valid business reasons.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

JJ

icon

Best answer by darkknight 16 August 2019, 18:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
You can add additional fields (i.e. Account Number) to the search. Go to Administration, Customers and under "Customer Search Settings" you can add it.

Then it shows up in search:

Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks Jeff, that'll work!

JJ

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Jeff is spot on. Here's the info on how to do this: https://support.gainsight.com/360/Admin_Guides/Configure_the_Customer360_Details_(C360)_Page_and_Section_Types#Configure_Customer_Search_Settings_(C360)

In your scenario you could add the CSM and any other fields that might help distinguish the records:

Userlevel 3
Badge
***DISREGARD THIS QUESTION - THE ARTICLE EXPLAINS HOW TO INCLUDE MORE FIELDS WITHOUT DEGRADING PERFORMANCE*

Note: We recommend including no more than 2 fields in search criteria in order to preserve search performance. However, you can add more fields, but don’t check the “Include in Search” option. These additional fields will display in the search results as pictured below:

Cheers Dan!

I did see a message that adding more than 2 fields could degrade performance. Has that been true in your experience? It could be useful to have the ability to add a couple more in the future if needed for other reasons.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Can u get me some games? :)