Question

Scorecard 2.0: Weights don't appear to calculate decimal values

• 20 February 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Before I begin, this could be resolved if we could just assign a weight to score Groups...

I have 8 measures that I pulled together under a Support score group.  The Support score should equate to 30% of the overall score.

If I have done my math correctly (which is always a valid question), this should come out to 3.75 % per measure.

When I enter 3.75 for each of those measures, the total only adds up to 24.

Of course if I change them to 4, it equates to 32 and if I drop them to 3 it equates to 24 also (the tool automatically does the latter f I submit and view the weight distribution again)

How am I supposed to split up measures across a group if it won't honor the decimals (that it permits me to enter)?

9 replies

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for pointing this out Jeff. In your case when you enter 3.75 (for 8 measures) the total should add to 30...we will fix this

For now, can you use integers in the weights? (Maybe use 375 instead of 3.75 for now?)

Regards
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Jeff, I've raised a ticket for this issue. Our support team will contact you on the issue. 

Thanks for sharing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Jeff, another way to use the weighting (and to get your creative juices flowing on this) is to use weights that add up to a total number greater than 100. Don't worry, the system will calculate the percentages correctly. 

So you could have metrics that have weights that add up to 200 or 1,000 or more (I think I've tested up to 50,000). 

A use case for the 50,000 would be a dimension that is normally not active (like CEO escalation score) but if it is active, it accounts for 99% of the score. You'd give this measure something like 30,000 in weight and every other dimension values that sum to 100 (or similar). Then normally this one heavy dimension is N/A and does not skew the scores, but if it has a value, it pulls everything to within 1 point of it's value. 

🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks Dan - that seems overly complex though.

I think it would be simpler/less complicated just to allow decimal points - I mean, if I can enter decimal points in the field (which I can) it should honor them right?  Based on Aditya's response sounds like that is how it should work.

PS I was never contacted by anyone in support as Sai said I should expect.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Jeff, Since support team able to reproduce the issue and accepted it as a bug,support team didn't contact you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Sai - do you have an eta on when this would be fixed?  Thanks!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Jeff, this is currently being worked on by the team with an ETA of October release. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Steve is correct, you will get it in October release.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi All, this is fixed and available in October release, Now you can now use decimal numbers up to two decimal points in weights.

Please refer the release notes for more information.

Thanks for posting!