Solved

Salesforce Validation Errors in Gainsight

• 29 November 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge
Hello Team,

I have two fields, one picklist and other text field. My use case is that if use has selected a particular value then the text field should become mandatory. 

This can be done using Salesforce validation rules but the error message is accompanied with a gainsight error code. How can I remove the gainsight error
icon

Best answer by lavanyasreepada 9 January 2021, 13:08

View original

9 replies

Badge
Hi Jahnavi,

Can you let us know which part of the application are you seeing this error?

Regards,

Hitesh
Badge
This is in the  Customer Contact section in R360 when I click on edit pencil button
Badge
Hi Jahnavi,

We have tried replicating the scenario and we see the error message thrown by SF,

Here "Test Error" is coming from Validation rule.

Let me know if this is what your talking about? If not, can you help us with Screenshot.

Regards,

Hitesh
Badge

Badge
The error is highlighted in yellow. 

We have set up a validation rule on the field called "Other Cloud Services role" such that whenever a user selects the option other from "Cloud services role 2" this field becomes mandatory. 

We have given a proper error message but when i check in gainsight it gives the operation failed error
Correct. We don't show the message that you have configured, as I remember when I implemented this, Salesforce API was not giving us the message that was configured as part of validation rule. 

I will check again with Hitesh if things have changed from Salesforce's side. And will add this custom message if available. 

Thanks
Badge
Thanks, that would  really help. 

Also if this is not doable, does GS have the ability to show error messages like these?
Badge
Any update on this?

Hi, 

After you have defined validation rules:

1. The user chooses to create a record or edit an existing record.
  2. The user clicks Save.
  3. All validation rules are verified.
    • If all data is valid, the record is saved.
    • If any data is invalid, the associated error message displays without saving the record.
  4. The user makes the necessary changes and clicks Save again.

You can specify the error message to display when a record fails validation and where to display it. For example, your error message can be “The close date must occur after today's date.” You can choose to display it near a field or at the top of the page. Like all other error messages, validation rule errors display in red text and begin with the word “Error”.

• Managing Validation Rules
  • Define Validation Rules

Validation rules verify that the data a user enters in a record meets the standards you specify before the user can save the record. A validation rule can contain a formula or expression that evaluates the data in one or more fields and returns a value of “True” or “False”. Validation rules also include an error message to display to the user when the rule returns a value of “True” due to an invalid value.

1. Clone Validation Rules
  2. Activate Validation Rules
  3. Validation Rules Fields
  4. Tips for Writing Validation Rules
  5. Validation Rule Considerations

Validation rules verify that the data a user enters in a record meets the standards you specify before the user can save the record. A validation rule can contain a formula or expression that evaluates the data in one or more fields and returns a value of “True” or “False”. Validation rules also include an error message to display to the user when the rule returns a value of “True” due to an invalid value. Review these considerations before implementing validation rules in your organization. 

Thanks &regards,

Lavanya Sreepada ( Salesforce Expert)