Question

Reporting via scorecard mass edit report filtering inconsistency

• 25 October 2018
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
Working with a customer we found that there is an inconsistency in the product.

This is working as designed but is very confusing.

In my demo I have a dummy account and they have 6 entries but only 4 reporting category types (meeting, call, update, email)

When I pull a report on Activity Timeline I get 6 results as expected and they all show, I can also filter for email and get the two results as expected.

However, when you have a scorecard mass edit report and try to do the same you get a different result.

As you can see we are filtering for the "call" reporting category and it shows 3 accounts. Two of those show "email" as the reporting category.

I know this is expected per the talks I have had with internal sources because its pulling accounts that HAVE at least one entry with that reporting category.

However, this is not consistent with normal reporting nor documented anywhere.

I would like to either add this to documentation or make the filtering on mass edit the same as a normal report where it looks for the record and not the account as a whole.

8 replies

Hi Cameron,

Let me know if my understanding is correct:

- There are 6 timeline entires & when you create a report on the "Activity Timeline" object & it shows 6 entries. When you create a report on the fact object is show only 3 records?

- How many accounts do these entries belong to? (is it 3 accounts?)

- Also is the timeline data populated on the company object ? (Because timeline data is not present on the scorecard fact object)

Badge
Hi Aditya,

The purpose is that for a "Scorecard Mass Edit" report type, it does not accurately let you filter based on the "Reporting Category" of a Timeline Activity Type. It will filter out a list of the accounts with said activity type. But it will not filter down to the exact Reporting Category specified in the filter.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

On what object are you creating this report.

Is it the Scorecard Fact object? If so, do you have some way of populating the timeline details onto the company object for reporting? (since the scorecard fact object does not have any details of the timeline entires of the company)

Also, are you interested only in the overall health score of the account (or want to view even the individual measures). If its only the overall score, you can try to create a report on the "Activity Timeline" object to get details of the timeline entry and health score (but it would not be a colored report unfortunately)

Let me know if that helps

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Joe,

Did you get a chance to look through the comments by @aditya? Hope his comments helps solve your issue.

Badge
Yes, I have. In addition I had several calls with L2 of Gainsight Support and based on my objective, what I am looking to do is not possible in Gainsight. A feature request has been submitted for the ask and I was told it would be brought up to the Product team to be discussed for a future release.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Joe, Cameron,

Can we rewind a bit and understand what you are trying to accomplish? What's the business objective with this report? I understand that the solution you are attempting is not working as you'd like, but perhaps if we can understand the pain that you're trying to solve for, we can recommend a solution that will provide the information that you need to show in the report.

Thanks,

Dan

Badge +1
Hey Dan,

that would be best suited for Joe but I wouldn't mind facilitating a call between us 3 to go over the use case if needed.

Joe can you assist here?

Badge
Hi all,

After our last call with L2 Support, our team has decided to move in a different direction on this objective so it would not be the best use of time to set up a working session for a solution that we are not going to use. If this changes, I will follow up to get the ball rolling on it.

Thanks,

Joe