Solved

Relationship Associated Fields limit being caused by JSON text string

• 1 May 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • Gainsight Employee: Veteran Rookie
  • 89 replies

Hi Jennifer,

Please find below a quick summary of the JSON query issue.  Please let me know if you have any questions or need any additional details.

• For each offer there’s a corresponding record in the “Relationship Type” object (e.g. NGFW, ISE, etc.)
    • In this object, there is an “Attributes” field that stores a JSON query (please refer to screenshot below)

• When fields in the “GS Relationship” object (R360) are associated with a Relationship Type, the field’s label and API are added to the JSON query and stored in the “Attributes” field

• The “Attributes” field is a long text area type field with a maximum of 32.768 characters, the maximum allowed by Salesforce

• As more “GS Relationship” fields are associated with a Relationship Type, the length of the JSON query increases and reaches the limit of 32,768 characters (please refer to sample JSON query below)
    • We are near the character limit for NGFW and are having issues adding associating additional fields with the NGFW Relationship Type in our Dev environment
    • Possible short term work around – decrease the length of some GS Relationship field labels and APIs in order to truncate the length of the JSON query for more breathing room.  NOTE: This would only be done for fields that are not already displayed on the R360.  Updating APIs for fields that are already displayed entails a large amount of re-work in configuration and testing.

Thanks,

Cassidy

“Attributes” field in “Relationship Type” object where JSON Query is stored:

[i]

Sample JSON Query containing many field labels and APIs:

[i]
icon

Best answer by minh_phan 2 May 2018, 00:00

View original

1 reply

Badge
Delivered patch Version # is SFDC-5.10-H8.

We checked on performance and there will be no impact on 360 pages. In configuration screen (Admin-Relationship-Fields) you may see a delay in getting those fields as the payload increases with the addition of more fields per relationship type.