Solved

People Maps Feedback

Just creating a placeholder post here in case you don't feel like creating a new post. We'll be sure to reply to comments posted here!

icon

Best answer by kunal_bhat 3 July 2019, 13:20

View original

26 replies

Badge +1
Thanks Kunal.

A small suggestion - would it be possible to change the colour of the card frame (the box) or the background of the card? I am noticing this is monitor dependant but sometimes the map is difficult to see, especially if it is a busy one. The top card in blue frame is ok but anything below in grey frames with white background can be hard to see, especially as the overall page packground is white also. I'm not able to upload a screenshot here so sent it to you directly..

Thanks

Katerina

How do I find documentation on creating the "Influencer" maps that were demoed at Pulse? I have created a couple People maps using traditional Roles Hierarchy but would love to also exhibit roles accourding to influencer/catalyst status

@kevin

The 'Org Chart View' is really hepful but it can get fairly large when we start building out the org hierarchies. It would be great if we could create various "views" of the orgchart that allow you to just look at a subset of the full chart. For our products we often build stakeholders maps relative to specific tools that are used by different members of an organization. For example, "Product 1 Org Chart" could be the stakeholder map relative to that specific group versus the entire organization view.

Hi John! The influencer functionality isn't ready quite yet for the beta, but I'm hoping we can get you an update on timing soon.

Hi Scott,

Agreed! We're actively working on providing the ability to build multiple named "views" for the same Company. This would still work off the Manager field but you can choose to create and directly go to the view that you're interested in, based on products, departments, geogrpahical locations etc.

Thanks,

Kunal

Hi Katerina,

We do recognize this issue and will enhance to address this issue soon, tentatively by our July release.

Thanks,

Kunal

A few small suggestions -

(1) To view the contact detail pane you must select the contact card menu and then 'View Detail'. It would be nice to just click on the contact card to show the detail.

(2) The org chart default collapsed to only 2 levels. When you want to dig into the chart you have to expand all contacts. We have 10-12 levels sometimes that this can be time consuming to drill into. The comments previously made about multiple views may solve this if you can limit the view to only subtress of the overall hierarchy.

Thanks,

Scott

Is there any plans to allow NPS Scores not done from Survey 2.0 to be visible in People Maps - we store our Responses in the NPS Response object, so they are visible in the 360 NPS widget but do not seem to be picked up by the People Maps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Eric, have you tried using the migration tool to move your surveys and history to Survey 2.0?

https://support.gainsight.com/Surveys/Surveys_2.0/Migrating_Surveys_1.0_to_2.0

Thanks Dan - Our NPS Results come from a 3rd party survey (Not Survey 1.0) tool that we used this documentation (see link) to get into the SFDC Table NPS Responses. So they do show up in the 360 NPS widget but not People Maps - is there not some way we could leverage the fact we have already imported them in via the instructions below to be used in People Maps?

https://support.gainsight.com/Surveys/Examples_and_Tutorials/Load_3rd_Party_NPS_Results_to_Gainsight

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Yep - we have a couple articles on that process:

Migrate: https://support.gainsight.com/Surveys/Surveys_2.0/Migrate_External_NPS_Responses_from_Survey_1.0_to_NPS_2.0

Going forward: https://support.gainsight.com/Surveys/Surveys_2.0/Import_Third_Party_NPS_Responses_to_Survey_2.0

The person list view is nice to be able to quickly see the contacts and click on their row and see the contact detail in the right-pane. It would be nice if there was a way to create "Contact Groups" that would be based off of selecting fields from the contact. For example, if I wanted to see the list of contacts who have a role designated as "owner". I could create a group and define the group with the filter "Role = Owner". These groups could be configured at the global level (available for all accounts) or at an account level (specific group for just that account). This could scale well if you had the ability to define global configurations that just applied to all accounts versus having to setup the same group for every account. We have several custom fields on the contact record to help group contacts by the products they own/manage, if this feature was added allowing the global level groups to also use custom fields would be "icing on the cake". The maintenance benefit would be that you don't need to manually add contacts to the group lists they just change dynamically as you updates contacts because they are defined by general rules (i.e. role = owner) versus having to manually add/remove contacts.

Badge +1
One useful functionality would be the ability to add blank cards/placeholders - may sounds strange but we often use org charts to identify who we need to know but don't yet know – there may be a job opening/we haven’t identified the right contact.

Being able to see these gaps in a visual way would be helpful,

Badge +1
A common request I am getting from our CSMs is the ability to change colour of the entire card (or a section of it) based on user’s own criteria. For example we often need to engage a person at a certain level in an organisation and are moving up the org chart – color coding will be super- helpful in distinguishing the contacts we know / don’t know.

thanks

Hi Katerina,

One thought we have around this it to allow you to set the color based on a Dropdownlist value associated with each field. This would mean that you would have to crete a field like say "Know/Don't Know" of type Dropdown list, and have defined values (in this case maybe just Yes/No) in it where each value is associated a color.

You would then simply populate this field, either manually or maybe via a rule.

Thanks,

Kunal

Badge
Hi Gainsight Team,

I am trying to put some org charts together within Gainsight and running into some issues and wanted to share my feedback.

I select the initial contact to start the chart with then select the plus sign at the bottom of the box and it tells me that no direct reports are listed for that contact. I go in, update SFDC, refresh Gainsight and still no direct contacts are provided.

I was able to use the 3 dots on the upper right in the box to add a new contact but the view of the 2nd box is cut off, even when I scroll down. I have to shrink the view in order to see the 2nd box which then makes it pretty small.

When I search the list for a contact, it would be helpful if any matches to what I am typing automatically show up as possible options. This way if I can't recall the last name of a contact, all contacts with that first name will appear and I can choose the one I need. And if you accidentally misspell a name, you may think that contact is not included in SFDC.

Also, it seems that the creation of an org chart is limited only to employees who directly reporting to one another. Meaning you cannot have multiple groups showing up in a single view. This would be an extremely helpful feature as we would like to have one chart that shows all of the contacts that we may be in contact with, within an account. Is this on your product roadmap?

Lastly, is there any plan to be able to port org charts that were made in a 3rd party platform, like LucidCharts, over to Gainsight? This would be a wonderful option as well.

Badge
Hi Gainsight team,

I have used the people maps and am passing along my feedback on the feature. I do like that you can edit the contact details in the people maps window vs. going into Salesforce to edit that contact record. There is some additional functionality that I think would be useful to have.

Here are my suggestions:

1. I would like the ability to drag and drop names from the people side bar into the org chart instead of clicking the stoplight icon in the contact card the person reports to.

2. I would like to be able to see multiple teams from a company in one chart. Currently you can only see one team at a time by clicking on the contact in a given team if the teams aren’t joined by one person at the top that they all report to.

3. Seconding the feedback from @katerina_nemcova_9fa1af that it would be useful to have the ability to color code the contact cards

4. It would be nice if we had the ability to title the charts so we know which department it is in the org i.e. Marketing Ops team

5. I would like ability to have placeholder boxes for people in the org we don’t know yet. I think another person on this group left a similar suggestion.

Hi @leslie22,

Apologies for the delayed response!

- The changes from SFDC would need to be synced to Gainsight and it can be scheduled on an hourly basis. You could also write back from Gainsight to SFDC with a similar cadence.

Since you're building and consuming the map in Gainsight, it might make sense to write back to Salesforce from Gainsight rather than the other way around. There's also ways in which you can do either, always taking the latest hierarchy information based on the last modified date.

- We're working on improving the UX and changing the layout to make better use of the real estate! We already have a full-screen mode (an icon on the top-right) and the experience should be better in the full-screen view.

- To search for a Person, you don't necessarily need to type the entire name, you can type a few characters and hit enter and it'll show all matches. However, I do agree that an auto-suggest would be ideal there and we'll be working on making that enhancement!

- We do have the ability to create multiple maps for the same account in the roadmap, as well as additional capabilities like adding Placeholder cards on the map. For your use case, do you think seeing a map with multiple hierarchies would be useful or maybe just a canvas of cards with multiple people cards on it?

- We can bring over data from external systems, like Contacts and/or their hierarchy (as long as those 3rd party systems allow export) but we don't currently have plans to show charts made in 3rd party systems.

Do note that will People Maps you'll get crucial data points like the Person's NPS Score and Last Engagement Date (with more to come!) so it might be more useful to get the data from 3rd party systems into Gainsight and view it in People Maps rather than viewing the 3rd party chart directly in Gainsight.

Feel free to reach out if you have further questions or want to get into specifics about any of this!

Thanks,

Kunal

Badge

Customer requested ability to easily export contact list for sharing in excel/csv format.

Currently today this can be done in a new C360 section (tabular report with export to excel function). However it would be nice if this was available in the tabular person view already, so a new C360 section wasn’t needed.

Thanks!

@devin_stevens Is the need to export common enough that creating a report and exporting when needed won’t work? It’ll also be helpful if you create a new post about this so we can gauge interest, this post is pretty long so this might get buried here. 

Badge

It’s really frustrating that People Maps is the default view. All of my CSMs use the List View as its easier to filter down.  Support have told me this can’t be changed, but I think it should be as most companies have too many employees to map out in an easy to consume way. The additional clicks to get through to the list frustrates all of my CSMs.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@duncan.young I come bearing good news, we’ve changed this in the new C360, People list is the default landing page for the People section. The new C360 is in beta phase will be GA soon. Hope this helps.

Badge

@duncan.young I come bearing good news, we’ve changed this in the new C360, People list is the default landing page for the People section. The new C360 is in beta phase will be GA soon. Hope this helps.

Fabulous! I have 30 very happy CSMs on my team this morning

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi, in Person details pane, including a User GSID in Layout manager does not prompt any display field options, e.g. Name. In other attributes sections in C360, adding a user GSID gives that option. Can we bring these behaviors into parity?