Question

Parent/Child Usage

• 13 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
I just configured our account hierarchy to support our parent/child relationships in Salesforce. I have been referencing this article: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Administration/General_Administration/Configure_...

but, it appears to pull in my contacts from my child accounts on the parent account, but our biggest use case for this is for usage to be able to be viewed on the parent account for all the children as well. Is that possible? I don't see anything that supports pulling in this usage on the parent account for all the child accounts as well. 

5 replies

Badge +3
The Contact stuff here is just an example (the docs don't make that clear; sorry about that).  Any time you have a report from the Report Builder you should get the "Show Data from All Children" check box.  Does that help?
Badge
Thanks Karl. I am actually not looking to run just usage reports on this, but rather have all the usage for both the parent and child to show on the usage graph on the C360 page of the parent account. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi Ky,

The standard usage section you are referring to doesn't have the 'show data from all children' option. But if you build a custom report (using the report builder) and add it as a section on 360, you'll get the checkbox on the top-right.

Thanks,

Manu
Badge
Hi Manu, do you have any resources on how to build a custom report to get this show data from all children check box to appear in the usage section?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Here are the steps:

• Create a new report and pick 'Usage Data' as your source object.
  • Pick the metrics you want to trend under 'Show Me' and the date field under 'By'. 
  • You can also apply a suitable date filter to limit the number of data-points and/or summarize dates into weeks/months/quarters.

• Once the report is built and saved, go to Admin -> C360 Layouts to add the report as a section.
  • Edit the default layout.
  • Drag the 'Section/Embed Page' option from the left in order to create a new section.
  • Click on the gear icon to configure this newly added section. A pop-up will open, like so:

• Select 'Usage Data' as your source and then pick as many reports as you want to add to the section.
  • Once done, you should see a new section on your C360 with all the custom reports you selected and the 'Show data from all children' checkbox on the top-right.
Hope this helps!