Question

Link to Salesforce from C360 - NXT Edition

• 19 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create an easy link out from a customer’s C360 to their Salesforce page? This is very straight forward if on the Salesforce edition of Gainsight, but we’re on NXT and it doesn’t seem near as simple.

I found this post by Spencer which allows you to create a URL using Concatenate and Rules Engine -- I was able to get this to work, however, the link only seems to work from within Reports but doesn’t function the same elsewhere. When trying to embed the URL on a customer’s C360, it just shows as the URL structure: <a href”[url] etc.

Does anyone know how to cleanly link to a Salesforce page from the C360 on the NXT edition of Gainsight? Ideally we’d have it live in the Summary > Attributes section at the top of the C360.

7 replies

Badge +1

Following. Would love this as well! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

This was available on the 3 dot menu on the top right of the old C360.  I am looking for it in the Horizon C360 layout.  Any guidance is appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

My suggestion is to not use rules engine but to use a calculated field directly within the Company object, such as the below: 

It works wonders for us in C360, in reports, dashboards, reports in C360. I also use it for Freshdesk links.

The + of not using rules engine:

1. When your SFDC ID changes (because a company merge has happened), the link automatically updates and yo
  2. You do not have to maintain a rule that on top of maintaining it, will also consume rules engine power and just be yet another thing to manage (dare I say)

I find this a much sounder approach the rules engines 🙂 (which I used to use).

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

And that’s what it looks like as an attribute (not in the summary for me, but you can totally place it there). As you can see, that’s clickable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

This was available on the 3 dot menu on the top right of the old C360.  I am looking for it in the Horizon C360 layout.  Any guidance is appreciated.

Good news is that it is still available in Horizon C360. You can find it on the top right here:

This is persistent no matter which ‘tab’ of the 360 you are in. If you need it available in other areas @alizee has a cool way to add it as a company attribute.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thanks so much @bradley - we have not implemented Horizon 360 just yet - and I did not see it in the preview.  Great to know if will be there - it was a real deal-breaker for my users if it was not going to be there...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks so much @bradley - we have not implemented Horizon 360 just yet - and I did not see it in the preview.  Great to know if will be there - it was a real deal-breaker for my users if it was not going to be there...

Yes, notably it does NOT show up in preview which is annoying and a bit misleading if you’re trying to, you know, preview what it would look like when live :)