Solved

Is there no way to disable sharing of Success Plans?

• 26 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm vetting Success Plans for potential use in our environment. But I'm a big perplexed by the sharing settings.

According to this article, "The Success Plan must be configured for sharing by the admin, with optional security settings."

It redirects me to this article, which also states "This article explains how admins can configure a Success Plan for sharing by CSMs."

This all implies that in order to share Success Plans, the Admin must enable that function.

In my Success Plan configuration, I have left Sharing and Security Settings unchecked:

Yet, I still have the option to share Success Plans (see below). And it successfully shares out (as I tested sending it to a couple of users).

Is there no security function to prevent this from being shared??

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 30 July 2019, 20:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I do understand that sharing with Contacts doesn't work unless they are Persons - which we are not currently using - but that also makes for a poor end user experience becuase they have a non-functional option available to share with Contacts, which is very misleading.

There really should be more control around this feature - a toggle switch to turn on/off sharing (which prevents the sharing via link option from even appearing on SPs when in the "off" position) and the aiblity to disable Share with Contacts options when we aren't using the Person object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
@aditya_marla - can you provide your thoughts on this thread, please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Also, how does the "Enable Sharing with Contacts" checkbox on the Call to Action, Detail view layout configuration for Objective CTA relate to the sharing configuration for SPs? I find no documentation on it. Checked or Unchecked, it doesn't seem to affect the ability to share objectives via SP

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Jeff, is this article helpful? https://support.gainsight.com/Success_Plans/Admin_Guides/Configure_Success_Plan_for_Sharing#Enable_Sharing_for_Objectives

It's essentially designed to allow for creation of objectives that are internal only vs objectives that can be shared with customer contacts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
That "enable sharing with contacts" setting allows you to specify if an objective is internal only or customer facing. If unchecked, only internal recipients will be able to see that objective section in the shared success plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
First off - I swear I searched and searched. Somehow I missed that. (To be fair, there are several interconnected articles related to Sharing SPs.... They could probably stand to be consolidated/better organized. Navigating docs often feels like a "choose your own adventure" book.)

Secondly, thanks for the added explanation. That wasn't clear from reading the doc, but with your added context it makes complete sense. An opportunity for a bit more clarity in the doc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@darkknight sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your feedback, I've shared the feedback to our documentation team. please let us know if you still need any help on finding the articles.