Solved

Is Internet Explorer really supported?

• 29 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Docs say that Gainsight basically supports whatever Salesforce supports, as far as browsers are concerned:

This includes IE 11.

We are a mostly Microsoft shop and most folks use IE here. But Gainsight doesn't always render very well in IE, and Gainsight always advises us to use Chrome.

This is what I generally tell my CSMs too - but if you say you support whatever SF supports, and they support IE, then why does it always act "buggy" with IE, and why are we always told to "use Chrome"?

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 23 October 2019, 17:41

View original

4 replies

When we send surveys to our customers that use Internet Explorer, they won't display. Is this related to this issue?

Thanks for the question, Jeff. I'm wondering the same. For example, the Survey 2.0 tab doesn't open at all in IE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@dan_ahrens

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi crew, just wanted to tie off on this topic. We’ve updated our online docs to note that we no longer support Internet Explorer. This applies to both Salesforce edition and NXT

This is driven by Microsoft’s roadmap direction on Internet Explorer as summarized in this technical bulletin:

Internet Explorer is a compatibility solution. We’re not supporting new web standards for it and, while many sites work fine, developers by and large just aren’t testing for Internet Explorer these days. They’re testing on modern browsers.