Question

How to initially setup Gainsight

• 8 December 2016
  • 11 replies

Recently, I purchased a subscription for my company for Gainsight but I haven't finalized the SOW for the implementation piece.  I already have it installed in my SFDC instance and have taken the Admin 101 training but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set it up to simply show a list of my customers from SFDC and some of their attributes.  Can someone point a self-starter like me in the right direction?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Jason!  You may want to start here:  https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/223861847-Onboarding-Step-1-Install-Gainsight-Config...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I just realized that doesn't link to the subsequent onboarding steps:

Onboarding Step 2  https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/223901948-Onboarding-Step-2-Data-Preparation

Onboarding Step 3 https://support.gainsight.com/hc/en-us/articles/223864527-Onboarding-Step-3-Business-Processes

This isn't the process we went through (we had a custom services engagement) but I hope this helps get you started.
Badge
Hi Jason - A couple additional thoughts: Once you get the rules in place to sync you Customers into Gainsight, setting up a list view is the next step. To do this, go to UI Views under Analytics. The resulting list view will be available from the Customer Tab.

Let us know of there is something specific you need a hand with, and Jeff or I can chime in.
Thanks Jeff.  It's starting to come together.  Weird that you have to register for the Customer Import Webinar before you get access to the documents, why not just provide with the others.  Upon looking at the documents, they seem to be a little outdated as the screenshots don't match up.  I have created a rule to import users, I was able to setup the rule and preview customers but the next screen to setup the action references either "Load to SFDC object" or "Load to MDA Subject Area".  When I select either of them, nothing shows in the object dropdown.  When I hover over the help tip, it says to use the settings to add object but nothing in the settings menu mentions object.  OAuth user info, timezone, usage configruation, and Permissions - Rules to load actions.  The latter one says I don't have sufficient privileges and to contact administrator.  I thought I was an admin.  Please help, I'm stuck.  I know this will all probably be covered in the webinar, but like I said, I'm a self-starter.

Hi Jason:

Can you add the Account Id to the show section of your rule in step 2?  You will need the Account Id in order to get the action of Load to Customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Jason I just sent you an email.  Let me know if you'd like to connect via video conf.
Account Id does not show in the list in Step 2.
So I was able to find ID under the Account list, I was searching for Account ID previously.  This now enabled me to Load to Customer in Dropdown but now when I go to map the fields which I added, I only see Current Score Label [string] and Previous Score Label [string].  Where do I go to create/enable more fields to map to?  Thanks for your help Jeff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Scott, it was odd that only two fields showed up for him when he went to create a Load to Customer action.  

I suggested checking with SFDC admin to see what fields are enabled for Edit Access under the JBCSM_GS_Permission_Admin permission set, but not entirely sure if that is the right next step.

Glad to help where I can Jason! Sorry I couldn't get you all the way there.
Hi Jason:

I'd definitely take Jeff's suggestion here.  The next step would be to go ahead and check your permissions for Customer Info fields to ensure that you have permissions to those fields.

If you do have permissions to those fields, I'd make sure that the fields you're trying to map match the target fields (i.e. String to String, Number to Number etc).

Scott
Thanks everyone.  I was able to get past this issue.  The issue was my account in SFDC did not have the JBCXM_GS_Permission_Admin permission set.