Solved

Enable hiding of "Percentage Contribution" on the new Scorecard UI

• 12 February 2019
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Our Scorecard is calculated and fed in externally. In order for the measure values to display correctly as it pertains to the overall score, we're using the method of basically weighting all our measures 0% contributive to the Overall Score. In the new UI, now the little blue label shows 0% weight on all the measures, which makes it seem like the measures don't actually contribute to the score, when they do. Would be good to have the ability to turn off the little blue % label.

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 12 March 2019, 16:08

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Jeff, I'm a little confused based on what you mentioned. You indicated that you weighted all your "measures as 0% contributive to the Overall Score". But it sounds like you don't want end users to know the weight of those measures? Am I following you correctly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We weighted them as 0% contributive only so the measure calculations would show up correctly in the tool - based on your recommendation if I recall. The scores externally are factored into the overall score.

So when a CSM looks at this page, they all say 0% contribution to overall score - that's incorrect. They're all contributing the overall score - we're just not using Gainsight's weighting feature to do it.

Hi Jeff, have you enabled the overall rollup option at the time of creating scorecard?

Also can you share the logic that you are using to calculate the overall score other than Gainsight weighting feature?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@arjun - yes we did. When I disabled that in my QA environment, the % boxes go away. It wasn't clear that would be the case. Will that have any effect on the Overall Score value if I disable this on all my scorecards? I still want the Overall Score to be reflected on the account, based on the overall score value we load as a measure but I don't want the % boxes to show.

See above what our weighting looks like today. All the measures are pre-calculated and loaded into an MDA table, including the "Overall LTR Score."

The only reason we're weighting them is so that the values we've preloaded into the MDA table will be the values that show in each measure in the scorecard, with "Overall LTR Score" being reflected as the "Overall Score"

Hi Jeff, why don't you remove the Overall LTR score and calculate it externally as you are doing it now. Then enable the roll up and calculate overall score considering the remaining measures. Let me know if this works for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
There was a reason we didn't do that initially - that reason currently escapes me - but would require a lot of testing to go back and do that.

Can you answer the question, though, as to what effect disabling the rollup would have on the Overall Score in my configuration?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for any confusion with these settings. To clarify:

• Enable overall rollup:

• When enabled - the account overall score is set using the weights defined in the scorecard Configure Weights area as seen below: [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/gainsight-us/attachment/download20190312T105911-312-0fc9ae8c-27e4-4d79-b0d1-3a69864b55f6-1842682758.png[/img]
    • When disabled - the contribution of individual measures is ignored and the account overall score must be set using a rule as seen below: [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/gainsight-us/attachment/download20190312T110140-305-b3ab91ad-cf31-4c11-8964-f9ed5170f909-708336796.png[/img]NOTE - this is why the percentages disappear when you disable overall rollup, as individual weights are no longer contributing to the overall score
  • Enable group scores:
    • When enabled - a group measure score is shown (calculated using relative weights of all measures within that group) [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/gainsight-us/attachment/download20190312T110405-205-f6bf4a92-8547-4259-a3ff-0f0a8a05a3c4-1941956335.png[/img]
    • When disabled - a group measure score is not shown [img]https://uploads-us-west-2.insided.com/gainsight-us/attachment/download20190312T110620-722-1fa8f85b-1270-46fc-9674-2c9e41cd0cb0-1400596822.png[/img]
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@darkknight - as I rethink your use case, it might make more sense to disable the "Enable overall rollup" setting and just set the overall account score using a rule based on your externally calculated LTR score.

This would enable you to see all of the individual measures, disable any display of "percent contribution" of those measures, not worry about trying to use complicated weighted schemes to show the overall score (since you are using an external source for this).

I know it's been quite a while since you and I chatted about your scoring use case, and I hope I'm not forgetting any nuance that would have rendered this recommendation invalid. I'd be happy to jump on a call and talk through this live to bring our memories up to date and review with current state of play.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We may consider this at some point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@lila_meyer Can this article be updated to reflect the detail in Dan's note above?

Here's what that article currently says about it:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks, Jeff! We'll update the article.