Solved

Does Gainsight allow me to store URLs in the Customer 360 page?

• 29 April 2020
  • 5 replies

My CSMs want to store Account specific information like URLs, Shared folder location, etc. in the Accounts 360 page. In the implementation we have save that as text, but Gainsight is not recognizing it as Links.  Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by john_apple 29 April 2020, 23:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The field has to be a URL type field

Sorry I am a novice user. Can you please explain? Are you saying we can add a URL type field to the Summary in Accounts 360 ?  Currently when I edit the comments it doesn’t recognize URL

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@wmurthy — You’ll want to create a new field on the Company object for the website and make it a URL field type. You can create new fields when you go to Data Management and select the object (Company) and then add field. 

After the field is created, you need to add it to the C360 layout under an Attributes (not Summary) section and configure the field to be editable as that will allow your end users to edit the field from the C360 for the Company.

Thanks so much, John. I appreciate. 

This partly solves the problem. The requirement is we need to know what URLs people need. 

What would be great is if Gainsight allows URL links in the Comments field. That way people can have whatever URLs they wish to store. I don’t believe that is possible today, right?