Solved

Custom Fields to capture data

• 22 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

We have a requirement where CSMs are needed to collect data  about their customers and populate it into gainsight. The Questionnaire has around 25-30 questions

This Activity can span over a week or two

Was thinking to populate custom fields for each these on the ‘Company’ Object and making it available in C360...not sure if it ideal...any thoughts?

Whats the best possible way out of this?

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 11 July 2020, 01:13

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Rakesh Govindaraju I have seen and built a few ways of doing this. 

C360

You can build various fields on the C360 for the CSM to manually update. This will allow CSMs to manually update the data and you can use a CTA to notify them to fill it in or if its not filled in.

C360 Related List

The other option I’ve seen work well is using a related object and adding it to the C360. For this, you would need to create a Low Volume object so that the CSM can add a record and or update an existing one. This works well if you want to keep a historic record the different versions of the data. Do make sure you add the GSID to the report to get the view/edit actions to show up. More on this in my idea here: https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/simpler-ability-to-view-low-volume-object-on-the-c360-38559

Survey

The other option that I have seen work is to send a survey to the CSM to ask them all the questions and fill in the data. This data can then be added to the C360 via Related List that’s filtered for these specific surveys. Alternatively, you can load this data to the C360 fields using a rule. 

This option requires a bit more heavy lifting but it will be a better interface for the CSM to enter the data. It is a bit cumbersome though because you will need to make sure CSMs have correct permissions to both edit a survey and view it.

Badge

thanks @jean.nairon ...I did use the Option#1 where i did make use of the Low Volume Object to capture the data. However, fields on the C360 gets placed randomly which is not helping the cause.

If we were arrange the fields as we need, we could have placed the fields in a  particular flow where CSMs can fill in

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

In my object, I noticed the fields were alphabetical based on the field type and the API field name. But it is really not helpful. 

Badge

This is my form and if you see , the fields are not alphabetically placed

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Strange. I was able to get dropdown fields to be ordered alphabetically in the past but it definitely looks like its random in your screen shot.