Solved

Can the GS widget be available in sf.com objects other than Account and Opportunities?

• 5 August 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello,

we will start using the project object in sf.com and would like to display the GS widget in it. 

Is that possible and how?

thanks!
Lyne

icon

Best answer by lyne_therien 2 October 2020, 00:11

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@lyne_therien Yes, you can place the widget on other objects. For example this section of our documentation shows how to add the widget to the case object, so just take this same concept and apply it to your Project object.

The only caveat is that we only allow custom sections on the Account and Opportunity widgets. Whatever you have configured as sections for your Account widget will be what gets displayed when you configure the widget to appear on your Project object.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I think it is only Account, Opportunity, and Case are supported but the documentation doesn’t explicitly say that: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Team_View/Admin_Guides/Add_Gainsight_NXT_Widgets_to_Salesforce_Pages#Add_Gainsight_NXT_Widget_in_Salesforce_Lightning_Experience

edit: what @spencer_engel said!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks you both. I will read this...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@spencer_engel, @john_apple 

My sf.com admin checked and there’s no visualforce choice under the project page layout.

The instructions say: “On the left side of the Case Layout editor, scroll down and click Visualforce Pages.", but there's no visualforce Pages choice, under projects.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Lyne

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m not sure @lyne_therien. You might try support@gainsight.com at this point. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@lyne_therien did you try with the support? Please let us know if you need any help here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@lyne_therien did you try with the support? Please let us know if you need any help here.

@lyne_therien waiting for your reply.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

yes I did… but we followed the tips we got here and realized that we cannot make it happen. If you think that support has a different answer, I will reopen the ticket. thanks!