Question

Account hierarchy and Scorecard

• 23 July 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8
As a CSM, I need to see the scorecard roll up to the ultimate parent so I can understand the overall health of my client.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Angela, I'm assuming you are using the Account Hierarchy functionality from SFDC, correct? 

You can configure this in Administration > Account Hierarchy

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Angela, hope your query is answered, please let us know if you need any help here!
I am struggling with learning about Account Hierarchy.  We have some global customers that are in our Sales and CRM as one account, but they want to have regional CSM's as that maps to support and other areas where we interact.  Can you advise how I can learn about Account Hierarchy?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Tim, I responded to this question in your other post, but let us know if you still have questions!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tim, one thing to keep in mind with hierarchy is that it only shows the parent-child(ren) relationships between individual distinct SFDC Account records. If you need to manage a single account record with different regional teams, then relationships is most likely the best fit. 
When I raised Relationships with my implementation, it did not seem a fit.  If I were doing say "EUROPE", "AMERICAS" and "APAC/J" across all accoutns, I see Relationships working.  But are you suggesting it may work to have ABC Corp -EUROPE and ABC-CORP-AMERICAS as the only two Relationship categories?  I don't want Acme-E or Acme-AM in that relationship...just ABC.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tim, 

You would define a relationship type as "Region" and then for each of your Customers that had a regional presence, you'd add a relationship card for that region. 

Your Gainsight CSM can help you navigate this a bit more specifically to your unique use case.