Question

Ability to sum case count from child to parent relationship

Badge +1
I would like to be able to display all cases for each child on their parent account c360. I would also like pretty much everything (I know that is vague) to be aggregated from child to parent if I am looking at the parent account ie scores, cases, projects, survey data, etc.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Andrew, just to clarify, are you using the Relationships functionality in Gainsight?
Badge +1
No we are not. Maybe you can help clarify for me. When I hear relationship in Gainsight terms I understand it to be One account but being managed with multiple relationships. So for instance an account has a SAAS and Premise product and each relationship is managed separately. If this is true I'm not sure how relationships would work with summing/rolling things up as I need them. I basically need to show the Parent/Child relationship like we do in SF today but have the ability to show all children account info on the parent account (sum/count/average). 
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Thanks for sharing, Andrew. We are working on a new feature that should solve such roll-up challenges out-of-the-box. Would love to connect directly to go over your hierarchy setup. 
Badge
any update on Andrew's question?
Badge
are you referring to Account Hierarchy?
Badge +1
That was just one piece of the pie. I had a conversation with Manu about this and expressed the need for this ability in reporting and cases and other areas. 
Johnny, Andrew have you tried creating a data space to map the 1:N relationships between objects and then running a report, and a sum on that?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
There are two Account Hierarchy features that might help:

1. In the Account Hierarchy section on C360 where you can visualize how different Accounts are connected to each other, we also display certain roll-ups (configurable). We can currently roll-up only those number and currency fields that are available directly at the Account/Customer level. So if you had a count of open cases available already, as an example, we can roll that up for you (own, and own + all children).
  2. In every related list section on C360, you can flip between looking at data for just that Account [i]and looking at data from that Account + all its children. So if you have a section already where you are displaying case records, you can use this option to directly access cases from all child Accounts on that parent.
Badge +1
I click on that feature in the c360 and I get no data. Is there a special report I need to create to allow for this rollup?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
One reason why this might happen is the lookup you have configured to read the hierarchy. Have you already configured this from Admin --> Account Hierarchy? We can connect over email, too, to get into the specifics.
Badge +1
Yes, Lookup in Admin AH is Parent Account ID