Solved

Ability to see what accounts users are "following"

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We regularly get contacted by end users who don't understand why they're getting notifications for accounts to which they aren't assigned, and it's always that they have clicked the "Follow" button at some time in the past.

Also, when users leave our company, if they had clicked the "Follow" button at some point, we will get failure notifications on emails that were attempted to be sent to that user.

Would be great to have the ability to see what users are following which accounts, as well as the ability to forcibly remove the follow on the users behalf.

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 6 August 2019, 19:27

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
You can build a report on users who are following accounts following these instructions: https://support.gainsight.com/Administration_and_Permissions/General_Administration/Configure_Internal_User_Email_Notifications#Reporting_on_Subscribed_.26_Un-subscribed_Accounts

Hi, You are talking about following account in SFDC from C360 ?

We store User's subscription in Object "JBCXM__User_Subscription__c"

You can create report on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ah thanks @dan_ahrens. Good to know this is already possible to report on.

I didn't find this in my search (I was looking for "Follow" not "Subscribe") but also this document is a bit misleading as it says to include "The SFDC Account a user is Subscribed or Unsubscribed to" when it's actually the Gainsight Customer (C360)... perhaps doc team could tweak this @lila_meyer ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @azhar_uddin - I was talking about following the Gainsight Customer via the C360. It would be great if we had the way to unfollow (or unsubscribe) users from accounts, particularly if they have left the company.

If you delete the records from the "JBCXM__User_Subscription__c" Object for the users who have left the company, that is equivalent to "unfollow"

or mark Subscribe__c field as false on this object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I don't have permissions to the User Subscription object.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I added a bit more info to the doc, so hopefully this is clear now.

Badge +1

Did anyone ever find a solution for this?

Badge +2

Is there a NXT version of this report? 
https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Administration_and_Permissions/General_Administration/Configure_Internal_User_Email_Notifications#Reporting_on_Subscribed_.26_Un-subscribed_Accounts

@katelyn.turner I’ve been looking into this as well. There’s quite a few duplicate request/posts that are relevant. This is one worth following