A method for importing SFDC fields to Success Plans

Badge
Hey all!

First time poster, so if this is something widely known... please feel free to let me know and I can pull this down. Our team's challenge was to create Success Plans that loaded fields from multiple SFDC (SalesForce) objects to help our team bring all onboarding information into one place. Moreover, by listing all of our key onboarding goals, we could use the share settings of Success Plans to ensure that client deliverables were known, achievable, and completed by the end of onboarding.

I ended up using the following method to load SFDC fields to Success Plans successfully, hopefully it helps someone else trying to do the same. This allowed us to expose info gathered prior to onboarding on the 'Plan Info' tab of Success Plans, though I wasn't able to get them directly into the objectives. If you have found a way to load Matrix/SFDC fields to Success Plan objectives, I'd love to hear it.

A note before I begin. This method presupposes that you are gathering information prior to onboarding that you want to expose during onboarding and that you are gathering client deliverables in your system of record (SFDC) which you want to incorporate into Success Plans.

To start, we created an onboarding success plan. This included type, template, and the appropriate categories required (please note that we found unique SC objective categories to be great triggers for automating other actions).

Then, we identified the key fields in our onboarding and opportunity objects and added corresponding fields to the onboarding Success Plan Type. Please note that one should take care to ensure that the field formats used in Success Plans match the field formats of the fields you wish to bring in from SFDC(DOUBLE, MULTIPICKLIST, PICKLIST, etc). Additionally, all of these Success Plan fields should be editable.

After adding the fields to the Success Plan type, a rule was created in the Rules Engine that grabbed onboarding and opportunity data (Step 2) and then merged them into a single dataset. In the action step of this rule (Step 3), we set the Action to 'Success Plans' and then filled out the fields as needed (in our case, by selecting the appropriate type, template, due date, and assignee). This next part is where we set up the fields that will be loaded from SFDC.

In the action step noted above, the additional fields section should now show the editable custom fields created on Success Plans and you should be able to match them to the fields selected during step 2 of the rule (Setup Rule). By matching these fields, you set the Success Plan to load from SFDC objects when created.

You may need to get your SFDC admin involved for field creation or format editing but this is pretty do-able and helps to prevent one from needing to create reporting tabs or leaving GS for reference info. Moreover, you can set conditions in step 2 of the rule to look for a specific condition for Success Plan creation. For example, a new client is brought on for onboarding and the manager assigns the CSM to the account. When the account is assigned, a CTA is created to notify the CSM that they have a new client being onboarded. They confirm receipt of the new client by closing the CTA and the next morning, the above rule runs (looking for that specific CTA closure, rule date minus 1) and that kicks off the Success Plan creation with Plan Info loaded directly from the SFDC objects of your choosing.

The end result is a process whereby the CSM's only tasks are to close a CTA and then ensure that the Success Plan is followed in whatever manner required for that client's onboarding. Nothing fancy but I hope this is helpful!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Billie,

Thanks for the explanation! I am happy for this and you deserve a big clap on this description!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@nitisha_rathi

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
@aditya_marla